The gsSCENE has five different subcommittees/areas where gsSCENE is always looking for volunteers. Whether it be working on a signature event that happens once a year or helping with an ongoing program, there is somewhere you can get involved. To become involved in any of the committees e-mail committees@gsSCENE.com and let us know what area you are interested in serving.
- Events - This subcommittee oversees certain events that the gsSCENE will host. In particular this subcommittee helps with the signature events such as Shuckin’ on the Strand Oyster Roast and Kickin’ it for Charity Kickball Tournament.
- Education - This subcommittee is tasked with identifying areas important to gsSCENE members for professional growth. This committee then organizes and coordinates all educational events, including speakers, venues, topics, etc.
- Marketing & Public Relations - By helping out with this subcommittee you will be determining the best ways to advertise the program and events to all the young professionals in the Grand Strand. Members will help develop and implement several types of promotions for the gsSCENE including Facebook, our monthly newsletter, gsSCENE’s blog, etc.
- Membership - This subcommittee will work on gaining new members as well as retaining the gsSCENE’s current membership base. They help with the gsSCENE ambassador program and work on the gsSCENE membership discount card.
- Community Involvement - One of the key aspects of the gsSCENE is community outreach. If you work on this committee you will be helping chose what community projects and types of service the organization will participate in.